ELI WHITNEY DROP-OFF/DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
The “valet drop-off” process is:
- Drive into the pickup/drop-off parking area (do not park) and have your child immediately exit out the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Pull away from the area as soon as your child leaves your car. There is always a teacher on duty to monitor the students as they exit your car and walk to the school.
- The drop off process is monitored by our school safety officer and a teacher.
The afternoon dismissal process is:
- At 3:01 walkers and pickups are dismissed to the back of the building.
- Walkers are escorted to the pickup area by teachers on duty. Teachers, along with our school security officer, monitor the pick-up process.
- Children being picked up, wait in the designated area until a teacher directs them to load. No children are allowed in the parking lot by themselves.
- Bus students exit out the front doors.
- Students waiting for their bus to be called remain in their classrooms.
- Students are released from their classrooms when their bus number is called.
Advance notice is very much appreciated if you are picking up your child from school early.