Upcoming Events at Eli Whitney School
Dec. 17 Early Release Day
Gift Card fundraiser Pickup by PTO 1:30-2:30 and 5:30-6:30 in the All Purpose Room
Dec. 20 Holiday Sing-a-long @ 1:45 pm All Purpose Room
Dec. 20 Snowman Grams delivered to classrooms
Dec. 23-January 1st WINTER BREAK
Jan. 2 WELCOME BACK AND HAPPY 2014!!!!!!!!!
Jan. 7 Read to Acheive Assembly 1:45
PTO Meeting 6:30 Library
Jan. 10 Grade 5 Fundraiser : Loom-a-thon 6:30-8:30
Jan. 15 McDonald's Fundraiser Hazard Avenue (More info to follow)
Jan. 20 No School Martin Luther King Day
Jan. 22 Berkshire Hills Musical Performance
Feb. 11 Band Concert
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Reminder: Please do not send peanut/nut type snacks into the class for your child to eat for snack.
Snack time is a “working” snack and children could interact with other allergic students during such a time.
However, your children may have peanut butter at lunch time.
Thank you for your understanding and helping keep all children safe at Eli Whitney.
MaryAnn Stroiney, RN
Eli Whitney School Nurse
ENFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
School Entry Security Protocol
The following protocol is to be used in all Enfield Public Schools facilities. This protocol is for persons responding to the buzzer entry system or working as a monitor at the entry of an EPS facility.
- Ask the person to state their name and reason for their visit before granting entry.
- Ask all visitors to report directly to the office after they are allowed in.
- All employees must show their ID badge or they must be treated as a visitor.
- All visitors must show a Driver’s License or a photo ID.
- All visitors must leave the Driver’s License or photo ID at the office during their visit.
- All visitors must sign-in on the EPS Entry Log.
- All visitors must wear a visitor badge while in the facility.
- All visitors must sign-out (Initial column of Entry Log) and return badge when they leave.
- Return the Driver’s License to visitor after they initial out.
Helpful information from the Eli Whitney Library.....
The Elementary Library Service has once again purchased Grolier Online Encyclopedia for your use. It is invaluable for reports as well as fun news and activities.
You can access it through our website:
The user name is: ewhitney
The password is: Grolier
If you have any questions, just stop in the library.